Over 97% of incorrect orders in the product configurator have been eliminated.
You visit an online retailer, add an item to your shopping cart, and are about to complete your purchase when setup issues develop. Depending on which is more compelling, you abandon the website or pick up the phone and attempt to finalise the order in this manner…
Occasionally the customer’s inattentiveness is to blame, and sometimes technical mistakes are. The store loses money regardless of the cause, as not all difficulties can be resolved. The rush against time to minimise returns and cart abandonment by customers with less patience is never-ending, but is it necessary?
What was our mission?
What strategies have we selected?
- User studies
- IDI tests
- Google Analytics quantitative analysis
- After research: prototype development and A/B tests
We noted immediately that the page was not easily reading. Subsequent user studies only supported this conclusion.
There was no visual indication of the premium value.
Additionally, there were technological issues. Poor navigation and inadequate product presentation were evident from the outset of our partnership.
In-depth interviews (IDI) enabled us alter this circumstance. It provided guidance on what message will resonate with shoppers and what must be altered to make shopping enjoyable. In addition, we learnt about the issues dog owners had with the configuration of the order for a lair, allowing us to overcome technical gaps and make the conversion process more efficient.
Concept of changes
The optimising procedure comprised
- Complete redesign of the website
- Modifications to the information architecture
- Redesign of the configuration tool for procurement
- Modification of important consumer journey aspects
- Developing a novel method of showing product attributes
- Promotional mechanism implementation and basket recovery
- Permanent CRO and consultative efforts
- 97% reduction in erroneous orders
- Aesthetic enhancement of the website
- Development of Purchasing Staff
- 41% decrease in bounce rate
- Creating the look and feel of the website and a premium brand image.
- Enhancing the shopping route
- Describe the product's advantages to the intended audience.
The owners of beds4dogs.pl designed the initial version of the configurator based on their own preferences. The designer’s vision dominated the functionality, despite the fact that it was reasonable and did not differ significantly from our later concept.
Two major components contributed to the client’s success: a research strategy and usability testing with actual recipients. The examination of these issues allowed for the lair configurator to be updated to a more user-friendly and practical form.
This example demonstrates that listening to the customer experience is the quickest and most efficient way to solve conversion difficulties.